27.7.07

Axel Munthe - La Strada della Dolce Vita

Villa San Michele, Capri

The house was small, the rooms were few
but there were loggias, terraces, and pergolas
all around it to watch the sun, the sea
and the clouds -- the soul needs more space than the body.

Reading this poem just makes me sigh and relax. It is so true what he says that "the soul needs more space than the body". Living in the city can take it's toll on you. It certainly does for me especially in the summer. I long to watch the "sun, the sea and the clouds"....but for now this wonderful picture will just have to do.

Excerpt by Axel Munthe from La Strada della Dolce Vita
via StyleCourt.
Thanks for sharing this poem out of your book.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quote, and that photo certainly makes me want to be in Capri (one of my favorite places in Italy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you noticed this one! Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peak
    I have never been to Capri, lucky you. It is on my list of places to visit.

    Hi Style Court
    Thank-you for sharing this. I was quite taken with this poem when I saw it on your blog and have had it in my memory since.

    ReplyDelete

Patricia Gray | Interior Design Blog™

I love to hear your comments and welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please use the comment form as a discussion format pertaining to the topic at hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...