3.9.07

Alberto Pinto "Haute Interior Design"

Alberto Pinto is described as the preeminent master of unabashed wealth and opulence. He creates on all the continents private residences to offices or even palaces for the greats of this world. More over, he has brought interior design up to the status of
“Haute Interior Design.” (haute - ōt: trend-setting, high fashion, high style)

Castle in England
Home in Sao Paolo - A dining room with a stucco wall panel in the Art Deco style
Home in Athens
Apartment in Geneva
Home in Athens - whitewashed walls are inlaid with pebbles in a diamond pattern.
Apartment in Paris
Home in Athens
Ranch in Sante Fe
Apartment in Geneva
Home in Sao Paolo - a view of the dressing room complete with a daybed in the center. Mirrors reflect carefully organized closets illuminated by Venetian ceiling lamps of painted silk by Mariano Fortuny.Castle in England

Based in Paris his "agency" as it is called is installed on the five floors of a 17th century private residence situated at the Place des Victoires in Paris: Hôtel de la Victoire.The Alberto Pinto agency is an interior design and decoration office of 55 people whose "domains of intervention" cover not only the realization of main residences, vacation homes, office buildings, hotels, but also yachts or private jets. I have long admired his work and if an office is indicative of the type and quality of work that you do....his offices below do him justice.

A majestic eighteenth stone staircase with a robust wrought iron railing coils to the top of the mansion. The different departments of the agency open on to the four levels.
The library occupies the left side of the sitting room. A wealth of carefully classified documents is available to the staff on the floor to ceiling oak bookcases.
In the sitting room comfortable sofas and armchairs covered with ecru linen surround a high-wool Moroccan rug executed after a cartoon by Alberto Pinto. An over sized collage by the Spanish artist Antonio Valdes.Two immaculate white plaster columns in the pure Forties style by Pascaud are placed in front of the large bay windows in Alberto's office. A bronze head from the Cubist period sits atop a black lacquered chest on the far left.

For other posts on Alberto Pinto see:
My Marrakesh
All photos courtesy of the Alberto Pinto web-site

30 comments:

  1. Alberto Pinto is one the best designer . Thank you for writing about him and to add a link to my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The walls with the pebbles? Perfection - I've never seen it before - fabulous. Love the bathroom, top, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Alberto Pinto. He is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melanie
    The pictures of the Alberto Pinto fabrics for Pierre Frey you have on your blog posting are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs Blandings
    When I first saw this bedroom picture I thought that the pebbles were studded nail heads that are so popular now. I had never seen this treatment with rocks before and I think that it is very appropriate for the location of this home which is in Athens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie
    He is one of my favourite designers also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. His work oozes and overflows with wealth. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post - he is a legend! Some great pics there I had not previously seen. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Alberto Pinto. The home in Athens is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I want to work for Alberto Pinto! He and his "agency" are Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liberty Post
    His work does ooze with wealth because he works for some of the richest people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzy
    Your're right he is a legend and that is a term that I usually associate with someone that is no longer living. So he is a "living legend".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi All the Best
    The home in Athens is amazing, esp those stone studded walls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi HC
    I have long coveted his office/agency, but not the fact that he has a staff of 55 to manage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the third image...the chandelier is so unusual..and the wall panel subtle and classy..

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! i LOVE the dressing room with the day bed! also the library with the dining room style table in the center of it. When i work i like to have alot of space.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haute indeed. It takes courage and skill to go over the top and still pull off a polished look. While note all of his spaces seem immediately inviting to me (the English castle, for example), he does seem to design a space in context. I expect an English castle to have this level of opulence, and I can see he would decorate a California manse the way I'd like it done. He has an unapologetic way of setting the stage, doesn't he?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Bhvana
    Yes it is a very interesting dining room. I think the stucco relief wall and the chandelier make the room.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Gee
    Yes the dressing room is so grand. I think it is every woman's dream. And a large table in a library to spread things out on is so practical.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Franki
    Very well said. I love looking at these rooms because I can just imagine myself in the context of them. It is like he has set a wonderful stage for his clients. I find his work so refreshing, unique and well detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The chandelier and Venetian mirrors of the Castle in England in the top photo is just stunning! Unabashed opulence indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. He is so fabulous!!! I just love his style! Thanks for the inspiring photos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi rnvl
    I like you description "unabashed opulence". I think you descibed it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Crafty Weasel
    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting designer, great post, beautiful rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The first picture --- it's just too beautiful. Are all these pictures from the Modern book? That's the one I don't have! Maybe I need to take a look through his other books again, this post SO makes me want to do that!!!!


    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  27. The sculpture relief wall is AMAZING! I want one.

    Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous8/7/12

    He is one of the best, well we can only watch and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love Haute Couture :) beautiful details, embellishments and exquisite design.

    ReplyDelete

Patricia Gray | Interior Design Blog™

I love to hear your comments and welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please use the comment form as a discussion format pertaining to the topic at hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...