1.8.17

Pastel Oceanscapes - Patricia Gray


Just off the easel. There are some paintings that come easily and some that take a bit more perseverance. I have been straddling the gulf between realism in my plein air paintings and a more impressionist way of painting from memory and emotion in the studio. Both have their merits. But the best for me is when I can lose myself between the two and let the emotion take over without thinking it too much. The ocean has that effect on me.
My inspiration for these pieces was a trip to Haida Gwaii, a remote northern location in Canada just below Alaska. But it could easily be many different locations. Where does it remind you of?


https://www.instagram.com/patriciagrayinc/
 PATRICIA GRAY INC is an award winning interior design firm in Vancouver. Here we write about lifestyle
and WHAT'S HOT in the world of interior design, architecture, art and travel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Patricia Gray | Interior Design Blog™

I love to hear your comments and welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please use the comment form as a discussion format pertaining to the topic at hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...