11.2.08

Benjamin Moore Paint and The Color Orange

 

Tulips Patricia Gray Feb 08
Benjamin Moore Paint and the Color Orange

Orange is a color that is mentally stimulating as well as sociable. Colorists say that it can be used it to get people thinking or to get them talking. What a good color to use in a dining room, library, or child's room.

I purchased this bouquet of Parrot Tulips this weekend while I was shopping at our local market. I was stopped dead in my tracks when my eyes hit upon them. Of all the myriad of flowers on display, these definitely jumped out at me and have been my inspiration for this post.   These flowers will sit on my desk this week and it is my intention that they will enhance my creativity. I hope you find these pictures stimulating.

bilhuber3hermesnyc

Hermes orange is a word that conjures up an image in one's mind.
Who would not love to have a lacquered ceiling the color of a Hermes Box like this room that Jeffery Bilhuber has created.

Benjamin Moore Paint 2013-30 Jeweled Peach ekb interiors     Benjamin Moore Paint 2013-30 Jeweled Peach Pieces

Benjamin Moore Paint 2013-30 Jeweled Peach
Try orange with a dash of fuchsia.
EKB Interiors, Pieces

Benjamin Moore Paint 2013-20 Orange Nectar donovanBenjamin Moore Paint 2013-20 Orange Nectar  

Benjamin Moore Paint 2013-20 Orange Nectar
I love the shots of Orange in this otherwise White Room. Notice the skirted table in the background.
Donovan, Elle Decor

Benjamin Moore Paint antonia hutt  Benjamin Moore Paint Tom Scheerer

per·sim·mon (pər-sĭm'ən)

Sometimes only the color of a fruit can conjure up images of a color. Persimmon is one that vividly brings to mind a
whole range of the color orange. How friendly and inviting to paint an entry foyer in this color.
Antonia Hutt, Tom Scheerer

Benjamin Moore Paint 2171-30 antonia hutt Benjamin Moore Paint 2171-30  

Benjamin Moore Paint 2171-30 Adobe Orange  is warm and vibrant
Antonia Hutt, David Hicks

Benjamin Moore Paint  2166-40 Soft Pumpkin

Benjamin Moore Paint  2166-40 Soft Pumpkin
Antonia Hutt

Benjamin Moore Paint  2015-30 Calypso Orange  Benjamin Moore Paint  2015-30 Calypso Orange

Benjamin Moore Paint  2015-30 Calypso Orange
Mecox Garden

rangdecor blogspot
The oranges of India via Rangdecor Blog

Burnhamdesignjaysonhomeandgarden com   vase

Benjamin Moore Paint Mandarin Orange
Burnham Design, Jayson Home and Garden

kwid david hicks
Benjamin Moore Paint Outrageous Orange
KWID, David Hicks

frances-elkins-room4 david hicks  12

blood orange (n.) A sweet orange having pulp that is red or streaked with red
Francis Elkins, David Hicks

davidduncanlivingston  david hicks3

Benjamin Moore Paint 2170-20 Tropical Orange
David Duncan Livingston, David Hicks

Patricia Gray writes about Interior Design inspirations, emerging trends, and the world of Design. 
While you're here, subscribe to this feed so you don't miss out.
© Patricia Gray Interior Design Blog, 2009

36 comments:

  1. My favorite color is orange or coral. Our kitchen is 'potters clay' and I love it.

    I covet your tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I once had a dining room painted pumpkin - truly an orange shade that I could only call "pumpkin". My friends thought I was crazy until they saw it finished - now they say "Remember that pumpkin dining room you had? It was so pretty". I especially love the orange ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a vermillion dining room (I love that term, it is an orange-red that the impressionist masters loved using). I originally was inspired to paint my dining room this color after seeing a picture in one of Henrietta Spencer Churchill's books; she had a room painted orange, with blue porcelain hanging on the wall. I have some flow blue porcelain hanging on the wall of my dining room.

    I must admit, though, I am a bit tired of the color (after 9 years) and am ready to go back to something a bit...quieter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful flowers, no wonder you couldn't walk past them! I love orange, great selection of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful post!!
    XX
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. that ceiling is spectacular! thanks for sharing! love the bm colors to go along w/ the post! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11/2/08

    Thumbs up to orange!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orange Crush
    Gives me a Creative Rush!
    Love Orange!

    ReplyDelete
  9. J'ADORE !!!!
    I'm a fan of orange ! my living room is orange ...That is my favorite color and so great to mix with chocolate or blue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this post, Patricia! Orange certainly ranks up there as one of my favorites and you have showcased some very beautiful choices here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orangcha glad there is orange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love orange, though it is far outside my usual box. I think I love it so much as it is a natural foil to blue, which is my favorite colour. I only discovered the perfect power of orange when I realized how smashing it looks with the blues I have around.

    Funny, but just today I bought myself a burnt orange Michael Kors handbag (for my birthday in March) at Holt Renfrew. At first I was smitten and when I got it home I panicked since it wasn't reliable (boring) brown or black, and then I realized it is so unique and so beautiful and will go with my entire summer wardrobe...all those blues and khakis and whites I am always wearing....

    I was so happy to see your orange post! It is a hot colour this season as I have seen it on several designer's runways..tangerine, coral, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12/2/08

    For me, you really hit the nail on the head with you two color posts. Orange and brown are a couple of colors I've been obsessed with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Parrot tulips are gorgeous. I may have to hunt for some this weekend.

    Perfect examples--especially the white shades with the orange piping. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Orange is warm and inviting and sophisticated and intense and gutsy and beautiful, just like this post. Love the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummmm, I love your images...I find that orange is a great hue to get those creative juices flowing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Patricia the flowers are gorgeous! Wonderful color post. Orange was a big color for me this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patricia the flowers are gorgeous! Wonderful color post. Orange was a big color for me this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this post, what gorgeous pictures! I would love to design an orange room!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never been a fan of orange, but I've always loved a more coral tone. But, in my last house, I picked a more orange tone for a bathroom and it was striking!

    Thanks so much for the kind words you said about me over on Joni's blog, that was really sweet and I appreciate it so much!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous13/2/08

    Stunning inspirational pictures!! I love the color orange! However I feel the color do not quite fit into the Scandinavian climate, but if I had a house somwhere warm.... *dreaming* ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Patricia! This is a wonderful post! I used to not like the color Orange but now find myself strangely drawn to it. This is such a wonderful collection. I especially like the photo with the shiny orange ceiling - that was very unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been on your site many, many times, but never left a comment...forgive me...i absolutely love your work and especially the color orange...it's so close to red but can have a more calming effect.
    But I want to be the first to say....Congratulations on your Washington Post mention!!!
    I'm a big fan of their Thursday home section and have been collecting them for years......Congrats!, Congrats!... Fay

    ReplyDelete
  24. Orange is just a happy color and one of my favs! Have a lovely Valentine's Day Patricia!!

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  25. Patricai! I just saw this post of yours in the Washington Post Home and Garden Blog Watch! Congratulations! Joni is in there too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh those tulips are absolutely wonderful!!!!! Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow. Orange IS my favorite color - no ambivalence there. One of my best friends says that orange is the color of the soul. I believe her.

    Have a gorgeous weekend, Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my! What a collection. I would have been happy with the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous19/2/08

    I'm loving the color themed blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous20/6/08

    Good Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I still love orange but I've seen too many ceramic garden stools (in every colour) recently - I think that trend is on its way out

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am currently on the hunt for the "right" orange color, anyone have an actual name, color swatch, company? help?
    I have 3 million color cards and just cannot decide, help!

    Leticia
    galsintheknow.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. now I like orange , but still don't know how to use it ..

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous14/5/09

    I need that rug in the orange dining room with the green chairs. Does anyone know where I can find it?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Andrea Jennings10/1/13

    Love the shade of orange that you've used in all of the examples. I do interior design and interior painting and I purchase all of my supplies at Benjamin Moore. They have such a great selection of quality products!

    ReplyDelete

Patricia Gray | Interior Design Blog™

I love to hear your comments and welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please use the comment form as a discussion format pertaining to the topic at hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...