21.7.09

LoftLife Magazine


For those of you who haven't checked out the magazine LoftLife Magazine - The Loft Style Guide to Life in the City, it is a must read. And I don't say that only because I am on their 'Board of Experts' - the Editors and Creative Directors at LoftLife Magazine are top notch. Their style and editorials are fresh, relevant and timely. Last fall Kyra Shapurji, Managing Editor and Linden Hass, Photo Editor of LoftLife Magazine paid me a visit at my office in Vancouver to firm up a feature they were doing on favourite shopping spots of mine and a few other Design Professionals in Vancouver. Linden Hass shot a few pictures of me and the drawing below is what resulted.

image Untitled-2 
Patricia Gray on LoftLife Magazine Board of Experts

I love the illustrations for LoftLife Magazine done by the talented Graham Smith from San Diego. He illustrates the masthead and the Panel of Experts for LoftLife Magazine. This month LoftLife Magazine is going to be on national newsstands: Borders, Barnes and Noble, as well as Hudson News. So pick-up your copy and read their articles. In the current Summer 2009 issue of LoftLife Magazine I particularly like:
  • LoftLife - Allure of Amsterdam: Dutch Design Beyond Droog. (I am lusting to visit Amsterdam)
  • LoftLife - Paper or Plastic? (really gets you thinking and hopefully acting)
  • LoftLife - Big Blank Wall: The mirrors on our minds. ( Love this round-up of mirrors)
    among others..........
    LoftLife Magazine also has a great Blog.

    Happy Reading!
    Please let me know if you have read a copy of LoftLife magazine and what you think of it by leaving a
    comment.
Patricia Gray writes about 'WHAT'S HOT 'in the world of Interior Design, new and emerging trends, modern design,
architecture, and travel, as well as how your surroundings can influence the world around you.
© Patricia Gray Interior Design Blog, 2009

21 comments:

  1. Never saw the magazine but I am sure I will enjoy the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricita - you are always in the edge of what is cool in the world of design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen the Magazine but would love to get my hands on a copy. I will travel out to borders and pick one up, should be a good read on my vacation starting this weekend, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sketch...I'm off to check out the blog now.

    I'm thinking of Amsterdam as well!

    And...I love Droog- the company bridges the gap between the city's artist co-operatives and production design; those Dutch are so forward thinking!

    Congrats!...with you as expert, it must be a great publication :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratuations!!!! that's fabulous! and so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brillante Home Decor23/7/09

    Congratulations for being on the Board of Experts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Patricia, it's been a while since we last "saw" each other....

    Thanks for letting us know about LoftLife. I'll be on the lookout for this month's issue. Great sketch of you :-)

    If you go to Amsterdam, you should take a side trip to Bruges. It's a wonderful city with so many interesting things to see and do :-)

    Thanks for letting us know that you like our new blog design :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that they did drawings instead of pictures. Very cool. Of course you are on their board of experts!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia,
    I would love to see a copy of this magazine. Do you know where one might pick it up? I love your blog and your site. Very nice!
    Patti
    Fluff Designs and Decor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patti
    I am checking with Chapters in Vancouver to see if they will be selling LoftLife Magazine. I will keep you posted when I find out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh very exciting - congrats! I have not seen it but shall keep my eyes peeled in my travels! And will check out the blog also. Would love to read the article on Paper/Plastic.

    xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't get the mag here but have visited the blog often. Really interesting stuff. Didn't know you were on the panel :) With you there I am sure it will be even more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've come across the magazine before but since u're in it, I should definitely get the latest issue. The sketches are very cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely sketch Patricia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! I'll look for it next time I'm in B&N.

    –Lana

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can’t wait to grab a copy of this magazine, thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I already had the copy of this issue and I love every bit of it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. cheers for the heads up on this one

    ReplyDelete
  19. I already have the copy of this issue and I love every bit of it to, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have heard of Loft Lift but have not taken the time to check it out. Thank you for the push. I'll go now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with your details , great post.

    ReplyDelete

Patricia Gray | Interior Design Blog™

I love to hear your comments and welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please use the comment form as a discussion format pertaining to the topic at hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...